Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Observation #2

This week I was expecting to see tons of organisms in my MicroAquarium. Sadly, I was disappointed. I only saw two organisms that I could identify. The first organism I saw was a very interesting one. It was a philodina. It liked to hang out around the plants and hide behind the leaves in my MicroAquarium. I identified it by looking at one of the posters on the wall(which I did not get a citation for). The philodina was a multi organism cell with a lot of activity going on inside of it. The other organism I was able to identify was a paramecium. It liked to move in and out of the dirt and nibble on the plants some. I was able to identify it through the book A Guide to MicroLife. I can't wait to see what I will see next week.
Bibliography

Rainis, Kenneth G., and Bruce J. Russell. A Guide to Microlife. New York: Franklin Watts, 1996. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment